Breaking Wave Theatre
Stay tuned for exciting announcements for our 2023 season!
Breaking Wave Theatre Company is 501(c)(3) nonprofit theatre company that aims to affect positive change in our community through theatre and the arts. All donations will go to supporting our work in the community.
BWTC Podcast Plays: Legends of the Pacific
Breaking Wave Theatre Company, in partnership with the UOG Press, is excited to announce our 2023 Podcast Plays Production: Legends of the Pacific. Building off of our 2022 Legends of Guåhan Podcast Play Series (streaming now on Spotify and Apple Podcasts!), we are excited to dive deep into Season 2 featuring play adaptations of Legends from Guåhan, Micronesia, and the Pacific.
Are you interested in being a writer for this project? Apply by December 18 using this form!
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Writers with connections to the Pacific - high school age and beyond
- Open to writers located anywhere and at any experience level
- Writers with a passion for culture and storytelling
- A sample of a play, script, or short story (no minimum / maximum requirements - provide what you think is enough to get to know you!)
- Writers who can commit to begin workshopping and writing starting January, with finished 15 minute scripts by April
WHAT WE CAN OFFER:
- A stipend for all writers
- Cultural competency training and support
- Writing Workshops with the UOG Press and other guest facilitators (virtual)
- Editorial services and support through the writing process
We are Here for You
Some of our work focuses on exploring serious issues relating to mental health, substance abuse, and more. We understand that the feelings brought upon through this exploration may not always end after the curtain closes. If you are looking for support and healing surrounding your experiences, the following resources are available and accessible for you:
BLACK LIVES MATTER
We stand in solidarity with the Black Lives Matter movement, and we will remain committed to doing our part in the fight against racial injustice. We believe in the power of using the arts to amplify marginalized voices, and we will continue to highlight these stories in our work. For more ways you can support the BLM movement, click here.
STOP ASIAN HATE
The pandemic has caused a rise in Anti-Asian racism. We stand together to condemn Asian Hate, and we call on our leaders to take action to protect our elders and our communities. To report an incident or to learn about how you act now, click here.